08 June 2022
Markets in Focus:
Oil & Gas
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, Xcoal
Executive Director OTC Structured Product, RJO'Brien
Managing Director and Global Head of Financial Trading, Cargill
Witches brew (Geopolitics, ESG initiatives and the lingering impact of COVID-19)
- How are company leaders positioning themselves in an era of high prices and extreme volatility?
- How has the war on Ukraine impacted different markets? How will this impact markets in the long term?
- What are the lingering impacts of COVID-19? Are supply chains springing back, and if not, how long until we are back to"normal?"
- How has the focus on ESG changed the way companies operate, particularly carbon-intensive industries?
Dr. Craig Pirrong
Professor of Finance, Bauer College of Business,
University of Houston
Impact of extreme volatility on large trading companies
- The impact of volatility on funding needs/costs: variation margins
- The impact of volatility on funding needs/costs: initial margin
- The impact of volatility and price levels on funding needs: financing inventories
- The impact of volatility on trading risk and opportunities
Ukraine invasion exposes weakness of global integration of commodities
- Impact of invasion on commodity markets
- Interrelationship between oil, natural gas, fertilizers, ag commodities, FX, inflation, etc.
- Need for top notch data sources, analytics and risk management systems
US Association for Energy Economics
Russia, Ukraine and oil: Impact on pricing
- Oil prices at highest level since 2008, jeopardizing post-pandemic recovery
- Exploration of key drivers of crude and refined product pricing in 2022
- Signposts to watch as summer driving season kicks in
Structured Origination, 61 Commodities
Natural gas and the net-zero revolution
- Outlook for North American natural gas
- The bridge to net zero
- LNG markets in the wake of Ukraine war