We want your help to raise awareness about the Carl McCain Memorial Foundation and to refer aid cases for review
The Foundation does not want to miss an opportunity to provide financial assistance for qualified individuals
You can help us by telling your colleagues in the office, field, and operations about the Foundation
The Foundation relies heavily on “word of mouth,” so spread the word to those around you, including individuals at other companies in our industry
• Formed in 1979 in honor of Carl McCain, a
retired lease crude oil buyer who gave up his own cancer treatment to channel resources to care for his medically challenged granddaughter.
• On learning of Carl’s sacrifice, industry
friends started a foundation to support his
granddaughter and individuals in the industry facing similar challenges.
• U.S. individuals and their immediate families whose livelihood is, or has been, derived from the domestic oil and/or natural gas industries, or ancillary businesses related to the industry.
• Focused on helping individuals or families whose financial wellbeing is threatened or who cannot afford adequate care due to medical issues.
Provides funds to assist with medical treatment or expenses incurred due to medical conditions that create significant financial hardship for qualified individuals.
• The Carl McCain Foundation is a tax exempt, publicly supported organization in accordance with the IRS code 501(c)(3).
• Board of Trustees consists of 25 active board members, 14 advisory Board Members and 10 Young Professionals from the industry
• 100% of time is volunteered
• Over 95% of all funds raised are available for aid
Submittal and approval process
The process begins by completing an application that is submitted to the Aid Sub-Committee for initial screening and review.
If the case qualifies, a Trustee reviews the application, works with the applicant, and prepares a request for review by the Board of Trustees.
The Foundation works with providers and applicants to pay approved expenses.
On approval, the presenting Trustee works with the Treasurer to administer distribution of funds.
Why Carl McCain
The Foundation protects the privacy of applicants’
The Foundation strives to provide aid for qualified
individuals and to maintain available funds by
prudent fundraising and financial management
The Foundation endeavors to maintain the trust and
support of those in our industry
The Foundation has given more than
$10 Million in financial aid for